Basketball players need proper comfort and support to give their best on the court. Even though you have trained the whole day before the match, it can go out of your hand just because of the uncomfortable shoes you are wearing. So today, we are giving you 10 best basketball shoes under $100 which are great deals for both professionals and amateur players.
These pairs were collected from the market after much evaluation and testing of the fabric, sole, and the construction. So you will definitely find the shoe you are looking for.
10 Best Basketball Shoes Under $100 Review 2017
Adidas Performance Men’s Crazy Explosive Basketball Shoe
At the very first glance, the Crazy Explosive Basketball Shoes from Adidas feels a bit weird and looks crazy. But the more you dig deeper, the more you will start liking this pair of shoes. Made from premium quality Primeknit, these shoes are the definition of comfort and support. They provide ultra-responsive cushioning that are comfortable and impact protected.
Aside from cushioning and comfort, the Crazy Explosive shoes offer great fit and exceptional support.
- Responsive cushioning
- Consists of cozy and comfortable textile lining
- Superior support for the fit and heel counter
- Delivers utmost comfort to your feet
- The translucent rubber doesn’t attract dirt and grime
- Wide array of color options available
- These shoes are true to size
- The outsole of this Crazy Explosive Shoe is not durable enough and peels off easily.
back to menu ↑
Adidas NEO Men’s Raleigh 9tis Mid Basketball Shoe
The NEO Raleigh 9tis Mid from Adidas is surely one great looking stylish pair of basketball shoes. They are made from synthetic materials with canvas uppers of chic leather overlays and metal eyelets in the collar. The leather overlay ensures extended life of the shoes. Unlike other Adidas basketball shoes, the Raleigh 9tis features a large debossed “Adidas” logo printed on the heel for added beauty.
Aside from the style aspect, the Adidas NEO Raleigh 9tis shoes provide super cushioning and support. The Vulcanized rubber outsole is included so that it can deliver secure traction.
- Mid-top from arch shafts
- Outsole made from Vulcanized rubber for great action
- Collar consists of metal eyelets
- Aesthetically stylish
- Affordable price range
- Provides great ankle support
- Leather overlays for durability and style
- The toe area of the Raleigh 9tis shoes is narrow and is not true to size.
back to menu ↑
Nike Men’s Hyperdunk 2016 Basketball Shoes
The Hyperdunk 2016 Basketball Shoes from Nike Men’s surely makes its way into the list of best basketball shoes. This pair is the upgraded and more recent version of the 2015 Hyperdunk. Made from super durable mesh and fuse material, these shoes are true to size and provide the comfy locked-down fit. This versatile pair of Hyperdunk includes a soft Phylon layer and offers well-balanced cushioning, bounce and impact protection.
Additionally, the Nike Hyperdunk Shoes includes a Herringbone pattern that provides excellent traction and better multidirectional movement.
- Herringbone pattern for multidirectional movement
- Provides soft and decent cushioning
- Flywire cables associated with lace for locked-down fit
- These shoes are ideal for any position basketball player
- Delivers exceptional traction
- Great price range; budget friendly
- Made from super durable materials
- Though the shoes are from Nike, the material looks really
back to menu ↑
Nike Men’s Prime Hype DF I Basketball Shoe
Another Nike shoe that made its way into the best basketball shoe list is the Prime Hype DF I Basketball Shoe. This pair is totally different from its previous models and provides excellent performance. The double fusion cushioning of the shoes includes dual density Phylon and provides adequate cushioning and better balance to your feet.
Nike used synthetic leather and fuse in the construction of this pair of shoes for extended durability and decent ventilation. Additionally, Nike connected regular cable system to the lace for better lockdown fit. Lockdown is important because it is responsible for support and stability.
- Implemented innovative breathe tech upper
- Double fusion cushioning
- Made from fuse and synthetic leather for durability
- Provides great grip
- Impressive price tag
- True to size fit; nice and comfortable
- Available in more than 10 different colors
- The shoes have to be wiped very often to retain better traction and avoid slippage.
back to menu ↑
Adidas Performance Men’s Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball Shoe
Made from grainy leather material with textile lining and mesh collar, the Cloudfoam Ilation Basketball Shoes from Adidas Performance is very durable and provides outstanding ventilation to its users. Adidas manufactured these shoes especially for basketball players with an excellent magnet-like grip so that the shoe doesn’t slip.
Though made from sturdy materials, the Cloudfoam Ilation shoes are lightweight and provide excellent comfortable cushioning.
- Specially designed for professional basketball players
- Features perforations for better ventilation
- Rubber outsole delivers super grip
- CLOUDFOAM sockliner results in lightweight cushioning
- Available in various colors and widths
- Sturdy fabric construction that doesn’t wear off easily.
- The shoelace of the Cloudfoam Ilation shoes is not durable and tears off easily.
back to menu ↑
Under Armour Mens Curry 2.5 Basketball Shoes
Another Under Armour pair that is included in the list of best basketball shoes is the Curry 2.5. It is an upgraded version of its predecessor with more performance ability. Under Armour made these shoes with full length mesh with PU overlays. These materials ensure long lasting durability and provide tremendous support. Support and stability are also gained from tighter fit and stiffer material used near the ankles.
For this upgraded version of Curry shoes, Under Armour introduced Ortholite insole that provides improved cushioning.
- Molded synthetic upper wraps for precise fit
- Multi-directional herringbone pattern prevents sliding
- Great traction
- Used Ortholite insole to deliver super cushioning
- Due to tighter fit, the shoes provide more support
- Great price range
- The burrito wrap tongue of the shoes might not fit wider ankles.
back to menu ↑
Adidas Performance Men’s Crazylight Boost Low 2016 Basketball Shoe
The best basketball shoe list contains another pair from Adidas for all the right reasons. The Crazylight basketball shoes from Adidas Performance provides fantastic boost cushioning from heel to toe and vice versa. According to Adidas, the Boost in Crazylight is their most boost used till date.
The traction pattern used in this pair is also an upgraded version which doesn’t get clogged up by dirt and results in marvelous traction and landing.
- Consists of back collar inserts for added comfort
- Includes comfortable inner textile lining
- Delivers excellent traction under any circumstance
- Super smooth transition from heel to toe and vice versa
- Provides full-length Boost cushioning
- Best for any position player
- The lace setup of the Adidas Crazylight shoes is not optimal.
back to menu ↑
Nike Prime Hype Df II Basketball Men’s Shoes
The successor to its Prime Hype Df, Nike released the Prime Hype Df II with new upper materials. The entire shoe is made from Mesh and No-sew skin textile upper to ensure extended durability and very less break-in time. These materials along with Breathe Tech construction make the shoes super breathable and lightweight. Besides, Nike added Flywire cables to the lace of the shoes for better lockdown fit and super support.
Nike also ensured that the shoes remain safe from wear and tear by adding Asymmetrical toe overlay and Anatomical outsole to provide traction to high areas.
- Includes Flywire cables for better lockdown
- Offers dynamic versatility
- Very much lightweight and breathable
- The decoupled collar offers full range of motion
- Asymmetrical toe overlay protects against wear and tear
- Traction is added to high-wear areas through Anatomical outsole
- Many users complained that this pair of shoes doesn’t meet Nike quality
back to menu ↑
Adidas Men’s D Lillard 2 Basketball Shoe
Adidas surely have some best basketball shoes on its shoe line and the D Lillard 2 Shoe is one of them. These shoes feature Adidas’ newly introduced Bounce treatment for some added bounce and super soft landings without any change of direction. Moreover, Adidas added dual density cushioning to this shoe pair for more stability and quickness. The dual density also provides superb impact protection.
The inner skeleton of the Lillard 2 Shoes retains flexibility and adds strength where needed.
- Four-zone flex offers added motion and stability
- Sprintframe construction ensures speed
- Dual density cushioning for quickness
- Super lightweight
- Delivers soft landings
- Includes a padded collar for added comfort
- Incorporates Puremotion+ for better traction, speed, and flex
- This pair of shoes attracts a bit of dust which often restricts traction performance.
back to menu ↑
Under Armour Men’s UA ClutchFit Drive 3 Basketball Shoes
The loud looking UA ClutchFit Drive 3 from Under Armour tops the best basketball shoe list because of its excellent, over-the-top performance. Under Armour layered Charged and Micro G together so that the users can enjoy extraordinary cushioning, firmness and comfort. Besides, this pair of shoes provides phenomenal traction on a clean floor and even results in a soft and safe landing.
The ClutchFit Drive 3 shoes are made from soft mesh layered with rubber Clutchfit pattern which is true to size and fits the foot like a glove.
- Updated ClutchFit® technology for better stretch and support
- Introduced new bear-trap lacing system for a tight, locked-down fit
- Includes Achilles pillow for additional padding and comfort
- Charged and Micro G are layered together to deliver exceptional cushioning
- Flexible to an array of movements and motion
- Complete lock-in fit
- Reasonable price tag
- The ClutchFit Drive 3 shoes from Under Armour needs constant wiping due to traction on dirty floors.
Buying Guide for basketball shoes under $100
A comfy pair of basketball shoes are important for players as the game requires fast movements and actions like running, jumping and stopping suddenly which causes strain on a player’s knees, ankles, and feet. So you should choose the perfect pair so that you can give your best in the court.
Here are some facts that you should know before purchasing a pair of basketball shoes.
In which position do you play?
If you are a fast player, then we would suggest you purchase lightweight shoes. Light and lower cut shoes provide cushioning and flexibility.
But for all-rounder players, they require proper ankle support. So they need lightweight shoes.
For power players, these shoes won’t work. They need stability and maximum cushioning, that’s why they should choose a pair of heavyweight shoes.
Cushioning is another significant contributor to a shoe’s comfortability. The more padding it has, the secure your feet will be. But if the padding is so thick and if it doesn’t have any breathable mesh fabric in the upper, your feet will start to sweat and cause discomfort.
If you are playing indoors, you don’t need to be worried about it. You can get your job done with any pair of shoes. Because all basketball shoes are made for indoor players. But if you are outdoor gamers, you need shoes with an aggressive looking traction pattern made of durable rubber.
Soles are crucial part of any shoes. The performance of the shoe depends on the sole to an extent. If the sole is too hard for you, leaping and jumping around won’t be this easy. That’s why you need to make sure the soles are flexible and they can give you a good bounce.
Some companies also use air bubbles in their soles to make them even lighter, giving you a feeling of walking in the air. These shoes are easily sports-friendly due-to their supreme flexibility.
Mesh uppers are usually ideal for players who need a lot of running and stretching in the training as well as the ground. Even if the upper is not completely made of mesh fabric, at least some part of the shoe must have breathable fabric. This way, you will make sure that your feet don’t swell or sweat inside.
Some brands use rubber upper in the shoes to make them stretchy. It’s a good strategy unless the fabric is too elastic that your feet trip inside the shoe. But don’t buy any steel toe shoes because they can hurt your toes badly when you jump around.